Students refine and expand the skills acquired in TV Broadcasting I and receive advanced instruction in electronic news gathering and other programming formats. Emphasis is placed on completing assignments that are aired on Lenape District TV. Organizational skills, writing skills, professionalism, and the ability to work cooperatively are practiced throughout the program. In addition to creating programming for Shawnee Extra, the TV Broadcasting II students also produce segments for the Renegade Morning Show, and help film school events that run locally throughout Shawnee on Channel 4.
Students learn the art of electronic news gathering by collecting research, writing scripts, planning interviews and capturing good audio and video images along with B-Roll footage. Finished editions of Shawnee Extra air on the Lenape District Television.
Watch Full Episodes of Shawnee Extra:
- Shawnee Extra - Winter 2008
- Shawnee Extra - Spring 2007 (LDTV Award winner)
- Shawnee Extra - Winter 2007 (LDTV Award winner)
- Shawnee Extra - Spring 2005 (LDTV Award winnder)
- Shawnee Extra - December 2003
- Shawnee Extra - November 2003
- Shawnee Extra - November 2002
- Shawnee Extra - Fall 2001 Producers David Vendette and Peyton Ebbeson.
Students get a refresher on Final Cut and editing while learning more advanced keyframing techniques by re-creating the Brady Bunch opening sequence.
Students create a stop motion animation video with the help of iStop Motion software and a camera.
Students learn standard 3 point lighting of subjects and move on to more advanced situations with color balancing and low key noir style lighting.